Learn all of the Essentials of Digital Photography in this Online Course and at your own pace as well as one on one instruction directly with Rena Johnson
All of the Essentials of Digital Photography 12-Week Online Course
In this 90 day (12 week) photography course, you will learn everything you need to know about Digital Photography, whether you want to do it strictly as a hobby or go into it professionally.
This course will include 12 different comprehensive modules, each one dealing with a different facet of photography. Each module will include an in-depth study of all the material, plus an assignment for you to complete to gauge your progress, an assessment by me of the completed assignment and a one-on-one meeting to discuss any questions you might have or to talk about any areas where you personally might need or want a little more work.
These modules will be divided into 4 sections and will include the following:
• Cameras Inside and Out
• Lenses and how to choose the best ones for you
• Other Equipment including tripods, bags, other carrying and protective gear, filters, extenders, converters, remote controls, remote viewing, rain and dust sleeves, underwater protective cases, etc.
•Using Auto and Semi-Auto controls
•Depth of Field and Perfecting Your Focus
Rules of Photography:
• Composition, Framing, Rule of Thirds, Leading Lines, Looking into the Frame, Highlighting your Subject, and all of the things you need to know in order to compete in contests, competitions or for your clients approval.
• People - Learn the skills necessary to shoot people in all environments from Newborn photography to Weddings and everything in between. Whether you want to be better at taking pictures of your own kids or you want to photograph people of any age for income, we will cover it all here.
• Places - Do you prefer Landscape, Nature, Travel, Architectural, Night Sky or even underground shooting? When you complete this module, you will be ready and confident enough to go out and skillfully capture it all !
• Animals - Whether you just want to get better at taking pictures of your own dog or if you are interested in doing professional pet photography, or maybe you are interested in photographing wildlife in remote areas of the wilderness, we will cover it in this section.
• Things - Macro, Food, Product, and a variety of other subjects that do not fit exactly into these other categories are covered in this module.
The final week of this course and after completing all of the modules, you will be given a final exam. If you have any trouble with the exam, we will meet one on one and go over any material that you are struggling with and make sure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the material before we complete the course.
Interested in Going Pro or at least earning enough money for some new gear? Would you like recognition for your photography? Would you like to use your photography to do good in the world or to benefit your favorite charity or organization? This bonus section will cover how to get started in any or all of those journeys.
How This Program Works:
Once you RSVP for the workshop, you will be mailed an introduction and class schedule for the specific workshop you signed up for.
On the date that the workshop begins (usually the first Saturday of the month), you will be emailed a PDF with all of the classroom information for that module/week.
Each Saturday morning (or before), you will be emailed the module for that week.
It is recommended that you try to complete each week's module during that week, but it is not necessary. I will work with you at your own pace and will send you each new module upon completion of the assignment of the one preceding it.
As you turn in each assignment for each module, I will personally go over it in detail, evaluate it, and send my assessment back to you in email. We will then schedule a time that works best for you of my available classroom times to go over the material in that session. If you do not wish to meet for each module, that is up to you, but it is encouraged if you have any questions and need any one on one help for that lesson.
After you have completed the 12 modules, you will be given a final exam that covers all of the material in the course. Upon successful completion of this exam, you will receive a certificate of recognition that you can proudly display or add to your portfolio. These are available digitally, through the mail or both upon request.
What You Will Need:
All you have to have to complete this course is access to email. You can use any device from a computer, to tablet, to smart phone, to public library.
It is also recommended that you have some sort of camera with manual controls. If you do not have one now, you can either borrow one from a friend or rent one (or maybe several to try them out if you are still deciding which camera to purchase) so that you can physically do each assignment as we go along.
All information will be sent to you digitally. However, you are welcome to print them out for your convenience and so you can reference back to them at any time in the future.
Hard copies of all material can be mailed to you at your request and at an additional charge to cover printing and shipping cost.
After completion of this course, you will be ready to take on the world of photography on a whole new level.
You will also be eligible for some of our more advanced courses that go into in-depth study into specific fields of study.
More Information about Rena Johnson:
For more information about my work as a photographer, please check out my primary website at:
There you will find Samples of my photography, an "About Rena" section that will give you a bit of background about how I got into photography, an Accomplishments page with some of my initial successes that inspired me to keep going, and a Testimonial and Reviews page, where you can see what others have said about my workshops, prints and work in general. You will also find my Calendar there which lists available times to meet for discussion about anything in this class or otherwise, as well as upcoming workshops, shoots, art shows, gallery openings, etc. If you need to meet with me at a time outside of those listed on the calendar, just contact me and we will work out a different time to meet.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below, message me through meetup or email me at:
I look forward to hearing from you and to witnessing just how far you can take your photography with a new full skill set!
May the light be with you every step of the way!
Program Pricing is $550.00
In order to Register for this program and pay for this program in full, thereby saving $54 over the financed rate , please choose that option in the form below.